Peanut Butter Fudge Pie
- 11/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4tsp. salt
- 7 Th. butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3 Tb. water
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. For crust, sift flour & salt into a mixing bowl. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse meal. Spririkle ice water over dough, mixing quickly just until dough forms a soft ball. On a lightly floured surface, use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Place the dough in an ungreased 9-inch pan. Trim and crimp edges of dough.
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 3 Tb. butter or margerine
- 113 cup peanut butter
- 11/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tb. granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup coarsley chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate bar, broken into small pieces
- 3 Th. peanut butter
melt chocolate w/ butter in the top of the double boiler over low heat. In a large mixing bowl, beat 1/3 cup peanut butter, vanilla sugar and eggs until flufty. Combine corn syrup and milk and gradually beat into the peanut butter mixture. Stir in melted chocolate mixture and peanuts.
Pour filling into crust and spiitkle broken chocolate over fliling. Dot with remaining peanut butter. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or just until the filling is set. Cool pie completely and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.