- 4 cups sliced, pared apples
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (quick oats)
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 cup margarine, softened
Bake 30 mm. or until topping is golden brown.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease square baking dish or pan
- Place apple slices in bottom of pan
- Mix remaining ingredients thoroughly with a pastry blender.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over the apple slices.
Variations: Cherry Crisp - substitute 1 can (1 lb. 5 oz. ) cherry pie filling for the apples; use a lesser amount of sugar..