Chocolate Mousse Pie
Prepare the crumb crust, cool. In a double boiler over hot, not boiling water, melt chocoate pieces; remove from heat and cool slightly. With a hand beater, beat in egg and two egg yolks one at a time. Add extract.
- 1 9 inch graham cracker crumb crust
- 1 6 oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1 egg
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 tsp. rum extract or I tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 9 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- chocolate shavings or curls for garnish
In a small bowl with mixer at high spead. Beat 3 egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. With a wire whisk, gently fold 1/2 container whipped topping (2 cups) into chocolate mixture. Pour into cooled cups.
To serve: With spatula spirl remaining topping onto pie. Garnish with shavings or curls.Makes 8-10 servings.