2 tablespoons margarine, melted divided
2 cups Bisquick baking mix
2/3 cups buttermilk
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the baking mix, buttermilk, sugar, salt, and half of the melted margarine in a medium bowl. Mix until well-blended.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead for about 30 seconds, or until dough becomes elastic.
- Roll dough to about 3/4-inch thick and punch out
biscuits using a 3-inch cutter. Arrange the punched-out dough on an ungreased baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the biscuits are golden on top and have doubled in height.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and immediately brush each one with a light coating of the remaining melted margarine. Serve warm. Makes 8 biscuits.