- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, cut in 3 peices
- 1 oz dried fine breadcrumbs
- 6 oz feta, crumbled
- 4 eggs
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsps thinly sliced spring onion
- 2 tsps fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 olives ,drained
- Lemon wedges
- Heat the olive oil in a seasoned 9" omelette pan. Saute the garlic for 1-2 minutes over a medium low heat and discard.Add the breadcrumbs to the pan and fry until pale golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Lightly whisk together the eggs, cheese and pepper and pour over the breadcrumbs, tilting the pan to distribute evenly.
- When the omelette is lightly set, lift one edge with a spatula to allow any liquid egg to flow underneath. Slide the omelette out on to a warm plate and return to pan the other way up.Cook for 20 seconds longer or until set and invert on to a warm serving plate.
- Chop the parsley, spring onion and oregano together and sprinkle the mixture over the omelette, along with the olives.Serve immedietely with the lemon wedges and with a tomato or bean salad, or beetroot salad.
E-Mail Me At: