- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 11/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 (10oz) can Hungry Jack Refrigerated Flaky Biscuits
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup light cornsyrup
- 11/2 teaspoons whiskey, if desired
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
Heat oven to 350 F. Using 1 tablespoon of the margarine, generously grease 9-inch round cake pan or 8-inch square pan. Spread 1 cup of the apples in greased pan. Separate dough into 10 biscuits; cut each into quarters. Arrange biscuit pieces, points up, over apples. Top with remaining 1/2 cup apples. In small bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon margarine, brown sugar, cinnamon, corn syrup, whiskey and egg; beat 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar is partially dissolved. Stir in pecans; spoon over biscuit pieces and apples.
Bake at 350 F. for 35 to 45 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. If desired, remove from pan. In small bowl, blend all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired consistency. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or cool. Store in refrigerator.