cowboy cookie mix in a jar
layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart wide mouth caning jar. press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
- 1 1/3 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups flour mixed with 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda and 1/4 tsp salt
recipe for cowboy cookies ( to go along with mix)
1. empty jar of cookie mix into a large mixing bowl, blend mix
3. mix until completely blended
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
4. shape into balls the size of walnuts place 2 inches apart on sprayed baking sheets
5. bake at 350 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes until edges are lightly browned . cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. remove cookies to racks to finish cooling. makes 3 dozen cookies.