Butterscotch Brownie Mix
1/2 cup firmly packed flaked coconut
3/4 cup chopped pecans
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 cups flour mixed with 1 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder and 1/4 tsp. salt
Layer ingredients in order given in a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar. Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
Attach this to the Jar
1. Empty jar of brownie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
2. Add: 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, not diet, very soft
2 eggs, slightly beaten and 2 tsp. vanilla (opt.)
3. Mix until completely blended.
4. Spread batter into a sprayed 9x13 metal pan.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes. Cool 15 minutes in baking pan. Cut brownies into 1 1/2 inch squares.
Makes 2 dozen brownies